Hello Ocular Octopus, Goodbye Gallery Hopper
After five-and-a-half years of Gallery Hopper, it’s time for something new. I’m extremely proud of what I’ve put together here over the 5+ years, garnering mentions in Forbes, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and The San Francisco Examiner, I think its fair to say GH has been a pioneer of art blogging. Thanks to all you who have read my ramblings with whatever regularity and especially to those who left comments. It’s been a great avenue to meeting others with a passion for photography.
But, while the blog is retiring, I am not. I’m starting over with a new effort, one that will be more expansive and intense than GH has been or the “concept” of “gallery hopping” allows. I’ve begun a new blog, Ocular Octopus. It’s being updated regularly and will eventually contain a bookstore, a gallery directory and other featured content as new ideas arise.
Some recent posts you’ll find on the new site:
- ‘09 Fall Shows: New York, Part 1
- ’09 Fall Shows: New York, Part 2
- NY Times Credits Matthew Brady Photo to Wikipedia
- ‘09 Fall Shows: San Francisco
- ‘09 Fall Shows: Chicago
- 100 Museum/Curator Blogs and Resources
- A List of Photo Book Lists
Check out the new site. If you like it, I’d invite you to:
- Subscribe to the Ocular Octopus RSS feed.
- Follow Ocular Octopus on Twitter.
- If you’ve got a blog, I’d be honored if you would add Ocular Octopus to your blog list.
Thanks again for making GH a great success. Here’s to another great run at Ocular Octopus!